Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy McMedium

Happy McMedium


So…life has been very interesting these last few years. That much I can say for sure. I’ve met so many people whether just as friends or meeting with the prospect of dating. Some I have kept in contact with and others I have not. Where I am right now in time is this: I am single, I am content, I have life goals for both me and my daughters happiness.

Often times I’ve asked my friends why I have not yet found the person I’m meant to be with in life. And even more times I’ve asked them why others around me have found their life partners so quickly and with very little networking involved? Their advice has been clear and simple. I am not settling for just anyone in order to not be alone in life. Other people have fewer items on their checklists when it comes to a partner because they fear living a lonely life. They put up with emotional abuse, addictions, cheating or other less hurtful things out of sheer fear and the panic of their clocks ticking. I am not one of those people. I know that I can and will be okay, but choose to have a partner in my life as a compliment to life and not to be my entire universe. My universe revolves around my family, my daughter, my friends, my home and my career. To add someone to that universe, they need to understand my world, and start their journey around the sun with me bringing me into their world also. To meld worlds and to combine each other’s experiences, love of family and friends and to begin a new trip around the sun together.

To find a happy medium may seem easy enough on paper, but in reality, it’s not so easy to locate. I wish that I could punch it into my GPS in my car and it would steer me directly to that point of the map where this is located. Instead, my internal GPS has me taking all sorts of mini trips and using the longest, yet most scenic routes possible. These various trips have been both frustrating and fun, but in the end, not where I wanted to end up being. Not that I can’t look back and say WOW I sure have met some interesting people and made some great friends. I’ve done things I’ve never done before and I’ve gone places I’ve always wanted to go, and even to some places I didn’t want to go. Perhaps I wouldn’t have done these things, or had these experiences if I was in a relationship all these years, or if I had settled and gotten back into another situation that was bound to end up in divorce or tolerated lackluster complacency.

Each trip I have taken in my life has lead me to where I am today. With a clearer understanding of what I want out of life, what I want out of a partner in life, and where I want to go. So yet a new road ahead of me waits and another journey into a brand new year. This year will surely bring me to new places and into new exciting, or terrifying worlds… and that much I am greatly looking forward to.

Let’s start the ride! Upwards and onwards!

Dr Suess
Oh, The Places You'll Go !

Congratulations!

Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the "GIRL" who'll decide where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment